SERVICES AVAILABLE AT THE FAMILY HEALTH CLINIC
Complete Family Health Care
Commonly Treated Conditions: (but not limited to)
- Digestive and Intestinal disorders such as IBS, Gas, Bloating, Diarrhea, Reflux, GERD, H. pylori, C. difficile, Food Sensitivities & reactions
- Allergies, Asthma, Sinus problems
- Respiratory Infections, Colds, Flu, Bronchitis
- Skin Conditions: Eczema, Acne, Rosacea, Psoriasis,
- Heart Diseases: a Holistic Approach
- Hypertension, Elevated Cholesterol
- Liver Diseases, Fatty Liver, Hepatitis C
- Mood Disorders: Anxiety, Depression
- Fatigue, Chronic Fatigue, Fibromyalgia
- Thyroid Disorders
- Recurring Infections: Ear, Colds, Flu, Urinary, Yeast
- Type 2 Diabetes, Pre-Diabetes, Insulin Resistance, Hypoglycemia
- Migraines, Headaches
- Weight Management
- Pain Management, Sports Injuries
- Inflammatory Joints, Muscles, Arthritis
- Sleep Disorders
- Auto-Immune Diseases
- Coughs, Colds and Flus
- Ear and Throat Infections
- Holistic Approach for ADD / ADHD
- Breastfeeding and Nutrition
- Menopause and Osteoporosis
- Hormone Imbalance: PMS, PCOS
- Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
- Hair thinning, Fragile/Brittle Nails
- Fertility Management
- Preconception Planning
- Prenatal and Postpartum Health
- Chronic Yeast Infections, Candida
- Prostate Conditions: BPH, Chronic Prostatitis
- Sexual Dysfunction & Performance Issues
- Hormone Imbalance: Low Sex Drive
- Circulatory Disorders: Arteriosclerosis, PAD
- Preconception Planning and Care
- Infertility: Low Sperm Count
- Chronic Fungal Infections: Jock Itch, Candida
Wellness & Prevention Checkups
For Men, Women and Seniors - Complete Physical Examination and Diagnostic Tests including:
Routine physical exams, female gynecological (PAP) exams, male prostate (DRE) exams. We provide a nutritionally oriented focus with our complete physical exams.
Optional diagnostic tests are available. See section below for "Specialized Diagnostic Testing" options.
For Children - Well Child examinations:
Regularly scheduled infant and child health and development evaluations ensure developmental milestones are met. Other topics such as age specific nutrition are also addressed.
The purpose of preconception care is to enhance the health of both women and men prior to conception. This can reduce complications in pregnancy and enhance the health of the infant. Preconception care may also involve treatment for male and female infertility. We observe that women who detoxify before conceiving have considerably less nausea and vomiting in the first trimester compared with women who do not.
Naturopathic Pregnancy Care:
Whether you choose a midwife or a medical doctor to attend your birth, naturopathic medicine can be a practical complement to your prenatal care in areas such as:
- nausea and high blood pressure
- exercise / nutritional counseling
- breastfeeding-related problems
- safe, natural treatment options for illnesses, such as urinary tract infections
Specialized Diagnostic Testing
We have developed and offer our patients a proprietary blood test that screens for and can help detect many of the underlying causes of illness. Because this specialized test assesses both your overall health and helps uncover many previously undiagnosed, hidden conditions, we call it the "General Health Screen" blood test. You are given a copy of the General Health Screen report that provides you with a comprehensive explanation of the 45 different blood analyses that were used to measure your immune system status, red blood cells, major organ systems (kidney, liver, spleen), blood sugar and fat levels as well as thyroid function. This test is also very popular with our patients because of its focus on your nutritional status, disease detection and prevention strategies.
Other Specialized Diagnostic testing is available for:
- Comprehensive Blood Testing
- Food and Environmental Allergy Testing
- Food Sensitivity Testing
- Urine and Saliva Testing
- Female and Male Hormone Levels
- Inflammation Testing - detection of sophisticated Blood markers for assessing hidden Cardiac Risk
- Adrenal Function Testing
- Toxic Heavy Metal Testing
- Stool Analysis
- Intestinal Dysbiosis and SIBO Testing
- Neurotransmitter Assessments
- Hair Mineral Analysis
- Functional Testing using Vega or Applied Kinesiology
For the convenience of our patients and to ensure availability of quality and effective products we stock and dispense many natural remedies, including hard to find products available only by prescription, from our clinic dispensary. Since we want to see the best possible results for you as our patient, we pay close attention to the source and potency of the raw materials, the manufacturing, ethics, absorption and as well as cost-effectiveness of the products we carry.
We would be happy to prepare any dispensary product orders for you. You can choose from the following three options.
- The most streamlined method is to contact us in advance of your medication pickup. If you chose to use this option we would recommend that you call or email ahead for your refills as well as pre-pay for them at the time of your order as this will greatly expedite your pick-up. When our staff know the day and time of your desired pick-up they will have enough time to prepare your order and have it ready and waiting for you.
- Walk-in orders may take up to 15 minutes to complete. Similar to other pharmacies, wait times may vary especially if the staff are busy dealing with other patients. We appreciate your time and want to try and serve you and promptly and efficiently as possible.
- Mail Out service is also provided for dispensary products. Pre-paid orders placed by telephone or email will be filled and processed as soon as possible and then mailed via Canada Post Express Mailer directly to your address. There is no additional charge for this service except for the flat fee Canada Post charges for this service which will be added to your invoice. Mailing envelopes can typically hold between 1-4 bottles (depending on size of product container) shipped for the same flat fee. Canada Post shipping times vary but the package usually arrives 2-3 days after the mail out.
At the Family Health Clinic we offer a wide range of different types of office visits, services and laboratory tests. Our fees are typically slightly less than the BC Naturopathic Association Fee Guidelines. For any questions you may have about clinic appointments or any of our fees for visits or services, please contact us at 604-534-9121. We would be most happy to answer your questions.
Fees payable for office visits, laboratory services or dispensary purchases are due at the time of service. Payments may be made by cash, cheque, VISA, MasterCard or Debit card. Please note that a $15.00 charge will be applicable for any N.S.F. cheques.
We are happy to provide a Family Plan Discount* where subsequent members of the same immediate family who are living under the same roof receive a 10% discount off their visit fees.
* Fine print terms for our Family Plan Discount are:
1. First family member pays full price for first visit. Subsequent family members are given a 10% discount on their first visit.
2. Subsequent visits for all family members are eligible for a 10% discount.
3. Discount applies to active patients only (family members must have been seen within the previous two years).
4. Family members must be living at the same residence address.
5. We reserve the right to withdraw this discount in cases of suspected fraud or abuse.
For those who also want to save money with large volume dispensary purchases, we now offer a "Super Saver" 10% discount to our patients when any one time dispensary purchase for an individual or the entire family totals $300 or more (before taxes). Ask our staff for details.
Do you have an Extended Medical Benefit Plan through your Employer?
Many Extended Medical Benefit Insurance Plans provide some coverage and reimbursement for naturopathic office visits and fees paid for laboratory testing. Because each plan is different you should find out the details and coverage provided by your specific plan from your insurance company. Please save your paid clinic receipts as they will need to be submitted to your insurance company in order for you to receive your eligible reimbursement.
Do you receive Premium Assistance from the Medical Services Plan (MSP)?
Patients who receive Premium Assistance from the Medical Services Plan in BC are eligible for a small reimbursement from MSP for each of their naturopathic visits up to a maximum of twelve visits per calendar year. There are some restrictions, so if you are unsure of your status or eligibility, please ask our receptionist for details.